For consumers and customers:
1. Consider ordering items online for delivery or curbside pickup
2. Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth and try to stay at least six feet away from other shoppers and employees.
3. Prepare to be compliant. Some stores will require masks or temperature checks upon entrance, plus you could be supervised more closely.
4. Limit what you pick up while browsing, and avoid touching your face while in the store.
5. Use Apple Pay or other touchless payment options at checkout, if possible.
6. When you return home, you should wash clothing you bought and plan to keep.
1. Consider screening employees
2. Disinfect everything—shopping carts, door handles, credit card machines, bathrooms and other high-touch surfaces—ideally after each use and in clear sight of shoppers.
3. Prevent crowding and follow state and local guidance regarding the number of shoppers that can be let in a store at one time.